Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) Selections for 2019 Graduates
The Ministry of Education distributes transcript information to post-secondary institutions (PSIs) following the selection of a PSI by a student in the StudentTranscripts Service. Distribution occurs through a variety of mechanisms. For PSIs with XML data transfer capabilities*, transcripts will be sent throughout the year. For PSIs on the electronic batch process, interim transcript information will be sent in early May, and final year-end transcript information distributed in late July.
Students can access the StudentTranscripts Service at: www.studenttranscripts.gov.bc.ca/. Students must create a Basic BCeID account to access their information. Students need only complete their PSI selections once in the current school year. Students may add to their selections at any time up through July 12, 2019. Students may make up to 25 selections free of charge within six months after completing their last course. After six months, students will be charged $10 per transcript, payable on the StudentTranscripts Service.
Please encourage your Grade 12 students to review the three how-to videosbefore they make their PSI selections for this school year. Videos include:
#1 Registering for a BCeID and accessing the StudentTranscripts Service
#2 How to order/send a transcript to a Post–Secondary Institution
#3 How to send a transcript to an employer, yourself or anyone
Distribution of Transcript Information and Deadlines
XML Transcript Information
- Any time: PSI Selection Deadline
- Immediate interim transcript delivery and ability for PSIs* to request updates to interim marks and final marks when required and if authorized by the student
- Transcript information is transmitted throughout the year for students that have selected “Send my transcript now and allow this Post Secondary Institution to request transcript updates until the date specified”
- PSIs will have 12 months to request updated transcripts from the date that the student has authorized the PSI to view
*Currently available for the University of British Columbia (UBC) and Simon Fraser University (SFU); other institutions may join shortly.
Interim Electronic Batch Transcript Information
- May 2, 2019: PSI Selection Deadline for interim marks
- May 6, 2019” Ministry sends interim electronic batch transcript information to participating BC PSIs, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, and by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)
- Sent for students that have selected “Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available”
- All other PSIs receive final transcript information at the end of July in paper format only
Final Transcript Information
- July 12, 2019: PSI selection deadline for final transcripts
- Ministry sends final transcript information to all students’ selected PSIs in late July 2018. This includes paper transcripts where “Send Final Marks when they become available” has been selected, the electronic batch PSIs and XML
For Schools: PSI Selections – Student Summary Report
Schools are encouraged to regularly submit their TRAX Uploads to ensure that student marks are up to date in the TRAX System.
The PSI Selections – Student Summary Report shows:
- Each student in your school who has made one or more 2019 PSI selections to date (where a student chose one of “Send interim and final marks when they are available” or “Send final marks when they are available” or for UBC and SFU “Send my transcript now and allow this Post Secondary Institution to request transcript updates until the date specified).
- Each current Grade 12 and Grade “AD” (Adult graduating) student who has not made any 2019 PSI selections to date.
This report is updated weekly from November until mid-July each year.
Schools access this PDF report by logging into the School Secure Web (SSW) site: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/princ_terms.jsp. Once logged in, this PSI Selections-Student Summary Report is accessed by clicking on the “Post-Secondary Reports” link.
Student Name Confirmation
Students should ensure that the name that will appear on their transcript matches the name they provide in their applications to post-secondary institutions. A student can check their first and last names as reported to the Ministry on their Unofficial Transcript of Grades found on the StudentTranscripts Service website.
Can’t Find a PSI?
If a specific PSI is not available on StudentTranscripts Service website, please send an email with the name and address of the PSI you wish to see added to: Student.Certification@gov.bc.ca.
If you have questions, please email: StudentTranscripts@gov.bc.ca
(Offshore schools with questions, please contact Offshore.Administrator@gov.bc.ca)
Visit our Post Secondary Institutions page for links to BC Colleges and Universities
Capilano University March 31 March 31
Kwantlen Polytechnic University March 1 April 11
Simon Fraser University February 28 January 31
Thompson Rivers University April 30 (for some) December 15
University of the Fraser Valley January 31 March 1
University of British Columbia January 15 December 1
University of Northern B.C. March 1 March 1
University of Victoria February 28 January 31
Would you like to know if certain courses from one college or university transfer to another? Go to BC Transfer Guide at: http://www.bctransferguide.ca/
Information on applying at:
KPU: https://www.kpu.ca/future-students/high-school-student#How to Apply
Douglas College: https://www.douglascollege.ca/study-at-douglas/apply/canadian-students
Langara College: https://langara.ca/admissions/apply-to-langara/index.html
Capilano University: https://www.capilanou.ca/future/how-to-apply/
Emily Carr University: http://www.ecuad.ca/admissions/application-info/undergraduate-applications
|Degree||Canadian high school (percentage)||IB points|
|Applied Science (Engineering)||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Arts (& Bachelor of International Economics)||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Commerce||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Forestry||low to mid 80s||25-28|
|Kinesiology||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Land & Food Systems||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Music||minimum 70||minimum 24|
|Science||mid to high 80s||29-32|
|Commerce||80 – 85%|
|Computer Science/Music||80 – 85%|
|Engineering||85 – 90%|
|Science||80 – 85%|
|Social Sciences||78 – 82%|
|Writing||80 – 85%|
|Visual Arts/Theatre||70 – 75%|
|Arts & Social Sciences||80%||28|
|Arts & Technology||80%||28|
For online College/Universities: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/education/online-colleges/#